Senior Java Developer
About the Role
Our client is seeking a Senior Java Developer who is able to excel developing custom software. The successful candidate will have an extensive knowledge of applications development and experience in the technical duties inherent in developing, supporting and maintaining complex and evolving software applications.
The position reports to the Delivery Manager and provides direct support to the Product Owner, and is responsible for providing the technical and analytical expertise in all areas of network management.
The Senior Java Developer will be focussed on delivering outcomes in an agile development environment. The successful applicant will deliver modular software components in accordance with the application’s micro-services based architecture
The Senior Java Developer will help position our client as a thought leader and innovative company, and will help deliver an industry leading user experience for its Network Management System (NMS) product.
Primary Purpose of the Role
● Develop custom software components in accordance with the company’s formal application development processes, and adhering to the defined product architecture. These activities include concept exploration, requirements gathering and analysis, design, coding, implementation and support
● Sprint planning and estimating and progress reporting
● Software design and development, prototyping and investigation
● Write technical and user documentation, including design specification documents
● Tools customisation and integration and user interface design and development
● Apply software engineering principles and techniques and framework implementation methods
● Use complex Java based application development technologies such as OSGi, SQL and No Sql databases, Drools (CEP) and the ELK stack
● Experience in developing multi-threaded applications
● Use of unit-testing and distributed version control systems (JUnit, Git)
● Knowledge of and experience using TDD and working in Agile teams
● Knowledge of and experience of Docker and container based technologies
● Experience with Maven build system and Continuous Integration (CI) systems
● Cross-platform software development (Windows, Linux and Mac)
● Mentor and guide other developers by sharing technical and application development knowledge. May also lead and direct the work of other software developers.
Skills and Experience Required:
● 5+ years experience working as a Senior Developer with Java Frameworks. Experience with OSGi. Experience in No SQL databases such as Redis and neo4j as well as SQL database such as MySQL
( Ans : Java 8+ yrs , No SQL 1 yr , MySql (RDBMS) 5 yrs.
● Experience in rules engines and/or complex event processing is desirable
● Experience in Apache Zookeeper and the Elastic Search stack as well as container technologies such as Docker
● Ability to analyse functional requirements and provide appropriate solutions
● A disciplined approach to planning, implementation and project execution
● Self-starter with ability to manage own work
● Ability to prioritise workload and meet agreed timeframes
● Extensive design pattern experience
● Ability to work in a start-up environment
● Excellent communication skills
Furthermore, you must contribute to team support by offering flexibility and undertaking related tasks as required
Bachelors/Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Related experience will be considered.
Professional Growth Opportunities
Technical, personal development and compliance training requirements to be determined with the role needs.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Excellent organisational and time management skills
● Flexibility in working flexible and extended hours to meet goals and timelines
● Self motivated and has the ability to work both unsupervised and in teams
How to Apply?
Please send details to email@example.com