Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)
- World Leading Cloud Solutions Provider
- Career progression in growing Australian branch of the business
- Great office location in South Melbourne
Creative and proactive Network Engineer role with a strong focus on continuous improvement and optimizing company's Infrastructure
Our client is a world leading European Cloud Solutions Provider who is looking for a Network Engineer to join their relatively small but growing Australasian team in Melbourne.
This organisation has an impressively proud reputation worldwide and has a strong business plan to spread out across Australasia from Melbourne over the next 12 months.
Showcase your interest and be a part of their continuing global growth as positions with this client will be highly sought after once the word gets around!
Your primary job will be to administer the network equipment and make sure the infrastructure and services are kept available and secure. You will be in charge of identifying the root cause of any issues and be a key driver in supporting the growth of the infrastructure through capacity planning. You will be the first point of contact for any internal user requests and be responsible in driving change and contributing to any internal documentation. The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualities;
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Nexus Series Switches and configuration experience
- Added Cisco administration and security (IOS-XR, IOS, NX-OS)
- Proven routing experience with Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- OSPF, IS-IS, HSRP, VRRP
- VxLAN, DOT1Q, QinQ, PVLAN
- QoS (DSCP/IP Precedence/CoS, MPLS-EXP)
- CIDR/Subnetting, Loadbalancing, Anycast
- Optical networks (DWDM, CWDM)
- Software-Defined Network
- Scripting: Perl, Python, etc
- Good knowledge of GNU/Linux/Unix environments
- Ability to work in an international environment; a working knowledge of English is essential
- Leadership qualities for mentoring junior members as the team grows
- Passion for new technology
- Desire to excel
- Team Player
- Ability to work autonomously
**Due to the large amount of applicants, only progressing Candidates will be contacted**
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Michael Christmas on 03 8680 4215. Please quote our job reference number: 200173059.
Reference Number: 200173059_7
How to Apply?
Click on the link below