Optus is an Australian leader in integrated telecommunications, delivering cutting-edge communications, information technology and entertainment services. In 2001 SingTel became the parent company of Optus, paving the way to become a strong and strategic telecommunications player within the Asia-Pacific region.
Optus specialises in a broad range of communications services including mobile, local, national and long distance telephony, business network services, internet and satellite services and subscription television.
The company specialises in a broad range of communications services including mobile, local, national and long distance telephony, business network services, internet and satellite services and subscription television.
Its mobile services includes: phones & devices, applications, BYO plans and Optus offers Internet & Network Services such as broadband, network solutions, internet security and business solutions.
How to buy
Business sales: Call 1300 737 574
Personal Mobile Sales: 1800 780 219
Sales home phone or Internet: 1800 780 219
Yes Optus - World Square Sydney
Shop 9.36, World Square Shopping Centre, NSW
Yes Optus - Bondi Jct Westfield
Shop 1033, 500 Oxford Street, NSW
(02) 9386 9944
Tel: 1300 737 574
1 Lyon Park Road
Latest Stories about
- Internet industry reports progress on IPv6, but work remains
- Union to meet with Telstra as telecom job cuts pile up
- ASIC debacle: Conroy open to transparency over website blocks
- Telstra continues with billion dollar 4G plan
- Optus launches 4G TD-LTE in Canberra
- NextDC awarded ISO quality management certification
- Broadcasters say 700MHz auction showed lack of demand
- Telstra, Optus and TPG successful bidders in digital dividend auction
- Customer focus in IT critical to business success: CommBank's Harte
- Optus Business restructure integrates Alphawest, NCS
- Businesses hit by Optus outage in Sydney
- MVNOs seek to differentiate, but not all will survive: analyst
- Telstra, Optus to trade credit rating points for spectrum: Moody's
- ICT upgrade drives Yokohama Tyre to cloud
- Telcos' customer service improving, but work remains: Comms Alliance