Only a week after beating analyst expectations for its fourth quarter, Compaq Computer Corp. raised its earnings estimate for its fiscal 2002.
Stories by Douglas F. Gray
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and Intel raised the speed limit for desktop PCs on Monday, with Intel using smaller circuits on its Pentium 4 processor to increase its clock speed advantage over AMD.
Supercomputer to be 1700 times more powerful than Deep Blue
Lindows says there would be no confusion
If you've ever wondered what books Amazon.com was recommending five years ago, what the first Web cam was focused on or what was on more than 10 billion other Web pages dating back to 1996, you're in luck. That's exactly what's offered by the Internet Archive's free "Wayback Machine."
Worldwide release of Linux PS2 "soon"
ARM Ltd. on Wednesday unveiled a new version of its microprocessor core for handheld computers and other gadgets, promising to boost the performance of audio and video applications and help extend battery life, a top ARM official said.
Companies pin hopes on economic recovery
Intel researchers have developed a new technology that the company hopes will let chips reach speeds of 20GHz in the second half of this decade, the company announced Monday.
63 law suits against cyberscammer in last two years
AMD saw things go from bad to worse on Tuesday. On the same day the company announced it would lay off 2,300 employees, PC vendor Gateway said that once its current stock of AMD-based PCs is depleted, the company will standardize on processors from industry leader -- and AMD rival -- Intel.
A California law firm has filed suit against Palm Inc. and its former parent company 3Com Corp., claiming that a feature used to synchronize data between Palm's handheld computers and a PC can cause damage to PCs.
Dell Computer on Wednesday began shipping its entire line of Dell PowerEdge servers with the most recent version of Red Hat Inc.'s Linux operating system preinstalled.
Napster not saying when it'll be back online
Online retailer Amazon.com Inc. has started taking orders early for Microsoft Corp.'s upcoming Windows XP operating system, and in the process has offered a glimpse at how much users will have to pay for the product.
- Voice Engineer ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Windows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support Specialist NSW
- Developer SA
- .Net Developer ACT
- Security Engineer/Analyst ACT
- Agile Business Analyst - Brisbane VIC
- Training and Support Lead VIC
- Senior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBD VIC
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.