"Our first reaction is that the sky is not falling"
Stories by Michael Meehan
With new software to aggregate gigabit switches, a more fault-tolerant LAN core switch, and advanced redundancy features for mission-critical applications, 3Com yesterday jumped back into the enterprise networking market.
"It seemed too cumbersome at the time, but everything's changed now"
Oracle could touch off a price war for procurement software
XML may be the future technology underpinning of online business-to-business trading, but many companies are in no hurry to get there.
Microsoft Corp. this week temporarily halted downloads of Internet Explorer 5.5 and a companion set of Internet tools from its Web site, before again making the software available this afternoon.
Company touts move as shot-in-arm for entrepreneurism in financial services market
More than 1000 companies to enter the ASP market in next decade
Company plans to invest more than $US100 million during the next year
William Shatner's offbeat commercials for Priceline.com took the site where no online auctioneer had gone before, but the company's stock has fallen from a high of $165 to less than $6 per share - a cautionary tale for would-be electronic retailers, say analysts.
A cash infusion will supplement reserves of faltering company
After announcing it will eliminate 139 jobs in Ireland as part of a $US40 million cost-cutting program, software developer Corel Corp. announced an unnamed investor could purchase up to 14.7 million shares of the company over the next two years.
In a stock deal valued at US$7.5 million, San Diego-based PeopleFirst.com bought Giggo.com, an online auto financing site owned by DaimlerChrysler AG.
Expecting "tens of millions of dollars" in transactions before the end of the calendar year, General Electric's Global Exchange Services division has unveiled a business-to-business Internet marketplace available to all of GE's 100,000 trading partners.
Toys R Us today reported that its online operation was continuing to eat into the company's profits.
- Voice Engineer ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- The job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now Expired QLD
- Business Analyst VIC
- Project Manager QLD
- Solution Engineer - RF/HFC - Telco VIC
- CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER NT
- Data Analyst - SAP Data Services Exp Required QLD
- Junior Test Analyst ACT
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.