These eight large companies ditched the boring old cubicles for modern, open workspaces in an effort to both attract new millennial workers and retain key existing employees.
Stories by Lauren Brousell
The leading minds in sports convened in Boston last week at the annual MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference to share ideas about how big data will be a game-changer for fans, players, coaches, officials and front-office personnel.
NFL CIO Michelle McKenna-Doyle talks about plans to encourage NFL teams to deploy Wi-Fi and analytics engines in their stadiums. The goal is to improve the in-stadium experience, to allow fans the ability to use their mobile devices to consume more football content and share the experience.
The health club chain deploys customer-friendly technologies to change an intimidating culture and save a failing business model.
Businesses are moving fast to address the demand for both employee- and customer-facing mobile apps. However, there is a danger in rushing. Here are five ways to avoid pushing out a mobile app too soon.
A career coach provides tips on making the best impression in online settings, such as an 80-20 rule for mixing professional and personal tweets
CIOs and chief legal officers need to communicate early and often to build a deeper relationship. Discussion topics include data privacy, e-discovery and policies for mobile devices.
How do IT executives encourage innovation among technology professionals? Frank Wander, founder of the IT Excellence Institute and a former Fortune 250 CIO, shares these three best practices.
Meetings are a necessary evil in the business world -- few people like them, but without face-to-face discussion time, problems persist. Minimize the anguish and get the most out of precious time by following this expert's advice.
A survey finds that IT leaders are accelerating their plans to invest in unified communications and collaboration technologies. But the systems aren't cheap.
<strong>The Social Organization </strong> How to Use Social Media to Tap the Collective Genius of Your Customers and EmployeesBy Anthony J. Bradley and Mark P. McDonald
Disrupting the way employees interact is often risky. And deploying <a href="http://www.cio.com/article/686657/Social_World_Law_Firm_Taps_Cisco_Quad_to_Unify_Global_Workforce">unified communications (UC) tools</a> can be riskier than other enterprise software rollouts because it affects employees' ingrained habits. "People move at their own pace around [this] technology," observes Barry Libenson, CIO of Land O'Lakes. "It's not like a new ERP system."
According to our biannual tech priorities survey, spending on mobile and wireless continues to rise, with 54 percent of CIOs planning to increase budgets in that area, up ten percent from January. Tablets in particular seem to be gaining ground -- 55 percent of the 261 respondents plan spending increases there.
<strong>Security</strong> Moving money from a personal investment account can be a complex process involving trips to the bank, fees and paper forms designed to ensure compliance with regulations. And it can be full of stress, because such transactions often occur during a life milestone, such as retirement.
1. Widespread user adoption may be slow. With a <a href="http://www.cio.com/article/682387/Chromebook_Are_You_Really_Ready_to_Marry_Google_">Chromebook</a>, all applications and storage are in the cloud, which means workers will have to adapt to a whole new way of computing. While most popular business apps have Web versions, their functionality isn't as advanced and users would have to learn new Web interfaces. Also, printing and uploading files requires workarounds. "It will be hard to predict the capacity issues, which will inhibit the adoption of this true cloud-based [solution]," says Roger Kay, president of Endpoint Technologies Associates.
- Voice Engineer ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Senior Agile Project Manager NSW
- SAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple roles VIC
- Scrum Master - Digital/ Marketing Projects NSW
- Technical Writer QLD
- Migration Engineer NSW
- Senior Business Analyst NSW
- Project Scheduler SA
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.