FRAMINGHAM (09/18/2003) - Fiber to the Premises and DSL are aimed at small businesses, remote offices and consumers, but they have their differences.
Stories by Jennifer Jones
FRAMINGHAM (09/18/2003) - Fervor over Fiber to the Premises has the attention of many network executives who, like George Mason University's Randy Anderson, have been locked into reliance on traditional T-1 lines to outfit remote sites with high-speed connectivity.
The White House will not pursue a national identification card system, despite renewed clamor from pockets of government and industry following the September 11 terrorist attacks.
Likening the current TLD (top level domain) registration process for the emerging IP suffix ".biz" to an illegal lottery, a number of California companies recently filed suit against domain registrar Neulevel.
Tax credit had enough support to pass both chambers
By 2003, states could lose over $US23 billion in uncollected sales tax
M-commerce vendors know the specter of privacy infringement could stymie their industry
A privacy group anxious to sink its teeth into the US Federal Bureau of Investigation's Carnivore program was disappointed Monday after the agency withheld large portions of the documents describing the FBI Internet monitoring program.
Get started quickly, orders judge
Online technology news service CNET will swallow up tech publishing company Ziff-Davis Inc. in a $US1.6 billion deal unveiled Wednesday.
The U.S. House of Representatives yesterday passed Internet-access legislation that has drawn the ire of VOIP (voice over IP) vendors and supporters.
In the wake of a second day of widespread e-commerce cyber attacks, FBI officials today sent a clear signal to corporate America: businesses have a high degree of responsibility for their own systems.
As the first business day of 2000 drew to a close on the U.S. East Coast today, Y2K Czar John Koskinen declared the millennium bug squashed and began pulling up stakes at the government's Y2K command center.
New stake follows Teligent investment
US government can now predict impact of solar storms for the first time
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- SAP FICO Consultant ACT
- Junior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - Brisbane VIC
- Client-side Front End Developer (Angular 2) ACT
- Business Analyst - BI & Reporting NSW
- Project Scheduler WA
- Enterprise Security Architect Other
- Project Schedulers SA
- Systems Engineers / Infrastructure Engineers NSW
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.