Julian Assange, the founder of the whistleblower website Wikileaks, has had his passport confiscated by immigration officials when he arrived at Melbourne Airport last week.
Stories by Siobhan Chapman
The EU Parliament has approved a common resolution that calls for openness over the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement in a 663-to-13 vote.
Microsoft is adding social networking services, including LinkedIn, Facebook and MySpace, to its Outlook email client.
A failed secret service IT project cost £24.4 million (US$40.2 million) after contractor delays and disagreements with an unnamed supplier.
A natural language-based web tool that provides direct answers to people's questions is scheduled to launch in May, and technology watchers predict it could rival Google.
Hackers are increasingly taking advantage of weaknesses in web applications and plug-ins to turn legitimate websites into a source of malicious code, according to a report issued by Symantec.
New code triggered a failure during routine maintenance of Google's European datacentres, which led to a two hour shutdown of its Gmail system around the world last week.
IT managers will be pushed by their CEOs to adopt cloud computing strategies in a bid to reduce costs during the recession, according to a leading IT consultancy.
Communications minister Lord Carter has pledged to deliver 2mbps broadband to every UK home by 2012.
Enterprises need to rethink their security spend to be more proactive and innovative, according to RSA chief executive Art Coviello.
Bank of America's takeover of Merrill Lynch will result in thousands of job losses, Merrill Lynch chief executive John Thain has said.
Forrester Research warned technology vendor clients that IT spending could be set for a "long and deep recession."
Lehman Brothers was increasing its investment in IT even as it headed into bankruptcy.
The U.K. Ministry of Defence has revealed that 658 laptops have been stolen over the past four years. It had previously claimed that 347 laptops were stolen between 2004 and 2007.
British Airways has announced that two of its senior executives will leave the company following the chaotic opening of Terminal 5.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Finance Analyst VIC
- Enterprise Architect - Security (ICT Transformation) Other
- .Net Developer NSW
- Windows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support Specialist NSW
- Business Analyst (Business Process Modelling) - Contract - Sydney NSW
- MessageQueue/DataPower Administrator VIC
- Business Analyst NSW
- Project Scheduler WA
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.