With Fall Creators Update, the devil is in the details, including noteworthy name changes, deployment timing, quick availability and the number of versions stored on a single .iso image.
Stories by Gregg Keizer
The move is designed to patch vulnerabilities in the WPA2 protocol used to secure wireless networks. All supported versions of Windows will get the update.
NSS Labs says Windows 10's default browser is better at blocking phishing and socially-engineered malware attacks than Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
The developer is telling companies there have been 'too few' participants in its OS testing program.
After today, Windows 10 1511 will get its last security patches, then officially fall off Microsoft's support list.
The iOS version of Edge uses the same WebKit engine that powers Apple's Safari, while the Android Edge is based on the Blink engine Google maintains for Chrome.
The company moved XP and Vista users to Firefox's Extended Support Release (version 32) earlier this year, meaning they only get security fixes now.
The company says it’s setting ‘a high bar for quality,’ but the limited number of add-ons for Edge may be hurting its popularity with Windows 10 users.
The redesigned and re-engineered browser is now available in beta form and features a more minimal UI and is twice as fast.
Microsoft is trumpeting Windows 10 Creators Update as the best and most reliable version of the operating system for business.
Version 11 of the browser adds Intelligent Tracking Protection, a feature that has drawn the ire of the online advertising industry.
When Chrome 64 is released in late January 2018, it will largely mark the end of auto-playing audio on websites.
...and the list of which desktops and laptops can run the updated OS, which has been in public beta since mid-summer.
...And which devices will be able to run Apple's updated mobile OS, which has been in public beta since late June.
The company has begun fudging Windows 10's version number, which is supposed to reflect the release date – a move that could annoy enterprise IT.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- IT Security Assurance Analyst Other
- Business Analyst NSW
- Senior Project Coordinator NSW
- IT Security Analyst Other
- Infrastructure Solution Architect NSW
- Senior Test Data Management Consultant VIC
- Mulesoft Developer VIC
- Technical Infrastructure SME - VMware / Storage/ Backup NSW
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.