After writing this column 51 times a year for eight years, I've finally decided to quit while I'm still ahead.
Stories by Bob Metcalfe
Dateline -- an island in the middle of Maine's Penobscot Bay. A dozen of us have been banging drums around the nightly beach fire at my annual Big Boys Camp.
The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) meets thrice yearly, and recently for the 48th time in Pittsburgh.
It's one thing to disagree with a major guru. It's another to have the guru say you underestimate your own invention. And it's something else again to turn out to be the one who is wrong.
Microsoft executives should read more of Willa Cather, who famously wrote, "There are only two or three human stories, and they go on repeating themselves as fiercely as if they had never happened before."
On Feb. 15, Internet executives gathered at the White House with Bill Clinton and his National Security Council. They met to make a federal case out of recent cracker attacks on the Internet.
Online services are growing, but - surprise! - CD-ROM use is growing faster
- Data Management Officer NSW
- Technical Business Analyst - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBD NSW
- Change Manager NSW
- 0365 Consultant - Large Scale O365 Implementation VIC
- Transition Manger - Infrastructure Services VIC
- ServiceNow Consultant VIC
- Records Analyst NSW
- Automation Test Analyst NSW
- Systems Engineer WA
- Security Cleared Network Engineer ACT