If subscriber growth continues at the current rate, NTT DoCoMo may have 17 million subscribers to its I-mode service by year's end.
Stories by Terho Uimonen
Microsoft has issued a patch for two security flaws in its Windows Media Player software that could allow malicious users to run programs on other users' PCs.
A new Internet worm, dubbed Romeo and Juliet, has been given a low-risk rating by antivirus software companies after it was discovered last week.
By 2001 China is expected to be a larger IT market than Australia
In a move aimed at strengthening its position in Asia, Internet bellwether Yahoo Inc. on Thursday unveiled an agreement to acquire Taiwan's leading portal provider Kimo.com Corp. in a stock-swap deal valued at US$146 million.
Users and system integrators itching to lay their hands on PC motherboards designed around Advanced Micro Devices's new AMD-760 chip set and high-speed DDR (double data rate) memory better not hold their breath.
Ericsson on Tuesday introduced a new Internet-enabled mobile phone handset targeted squarely at young, trend-setting consumers.
Speeding up development of the IT industry and the internet are key factors to ensuring the success of China's 10th five-year plan, according to a proposal formulated by the Communist Party of China's Central Committee and made public on Wednesday.
Intel announced on Monday that later this month it will start shipping samples of new high-performance flash memory chips designed for use in Internet-enabled mobile phones and other wireless devices.
Motorola on Tuesday announced third-quarter earnings in line with Wall Street's expectations, on top of an 18 per cent increase in sales.
Stock plunges further in after-hours trading
Nokia unveiled a prototype of an "infotainment" appliance on Friday that aims to combine the Internet and digital television broadcasting in a living room device aimed squarely at consumers.
STOCKHOLM (07/27/2000) - Finnish mobile phone giant Nokia Corp. Thursday
reported second fiscal quarter earnings in line with analysts' expectations,
but its share price took a dive as the company warned that third quarter per
share earnings will come in below the second-quarter figure. The news had an
immediate impact on other mobile phone vendors in Europe and the U.S., dragging
down share prices in the sector.
Global notebook demand is growing at a much faster rate than market researchers had predicted, according to chip giant Intel, which now expects as many as 30 million notebooks to ship in 2000.
Business as usual, says MS chairman
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- The job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now Expired QLD
- IT Security Assurance Analyst Other
- Junior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - Brisbane VIC
- Business Analyst (Technical) QLD
- Data Analyst NSW
- Project Manager - Office Expansion Project NSW
- Project Manager NSW
- Senior NPM Developer NSW
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.