3Com has filed a registration statement with the US Securities and Exchange Commission for an IPO (initial public offering) of less than 20 percent of its subsidiary, Palm Computing.
Stories by Jana Sanchez
Attempting to dispel long-standing concerns that Compaq Computer is not fully committed to its 64-bit Alpha microprocessor technology, Alpha, the company yesterday announced investments of $US500 million in the chip architecture.
Taiwan earthquake, Y2K can't dent growth rate
Stock has fallen 23% since October 1
More than 75% of revenue growth comes from "non-traditional" telco services
Under the theme of accessing information anywhere and anytime, Compaq has launched a series of new products including thin-client products, wireless LANs and new laptop computers.
Online travel service Priceline.com Inc. filed suit against Microsoft Corp. and its Expedia Inc. subsidiary last week claiming patent infringement and unfair trade practices.
Microsoft chairman and CEO Bill Gates demonstrated here today a prototype of a Windows CE-based smart phone capable of accessing the internet, and said his company has changed its vision statement to reflect the importance of such devices.
Microsoft's original vision was "a PC in every home and on every desk," he said, but that vision is no longer big enough.
In a renewed effort to supply technology to the telecommunications industry, Microsoft has announced that it will launch new products and services for mobile telephone carriers, designed to provide mobile access to data for end users.
Executives of Global One Communications said yesterday that they will remain in business even if two of their shareholders pull out. At the same time, they confirmed that "at least one" of the three will stay on board.
eMachines will sell its Powerful PC at $US799
Microsoft Corp. has acquired STNC, a U.K.-based software development company whose software provides access to intranets and the Internet from mobile devices, including phones and PDAs (personal digital assistants).
All-stock deal valued at $US530 million
WAP-compliant browser will be available with new Nokia phone
Future versions of Rio to use new drive
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Voice Engineer ACT
- URGENT - Contract opportunity Business Analyst - Finance - Immediate start VIC
- Helpdesk Officer SA
- Senior Business Project Manager NSW
- Java Developer NSW
- IT Portfolio Management Analyst WA
- Project Manager QLD
- Senior .NET Engineer - Back-End NSW
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.