Developers can use the beta code from the open source Open Liberty project to provision, manage, and migrate microservices in Java apps
Stories by Paul Krill
A new name for Java EE is a likely outcome as the Eclipse Foundation figures out how to steward enterprise Java itself
Under Oracle's revamped release plan for standard Java, the Java Development Kit 9 will not be designated for long-term support
Turning over the platform to an open source foundation could broaden the Java community, but don’t look for it to happen soon
Modularity, compilation, REPL, and more highlight the first major change to the Java Development Kit in more than three years
Nullable reference types, default interfaces, and async streams should improve code quality and make software more flexible over the long term
The private group would tackle code vulnerabilities that currently are handled without coordination—or not at all
Oracle wants someone else to lead enterprise Java, though it says it will stay involved. Apache and Eclipse are likely candidates to take over Java EE
Amazon Macie discovers and classifies sensitive data in S3 and automatically alerts to unusual activity and exposures
Microsoft Research's Project Snowflake integrates manual memory management and garbage collection to offer developers the 'best of both worlds'
Petition on GitHub appears in the wake of Adobe announcing its end-of-life schedule for the Flash Player
Adobe's proprietary rich Internet plug-in technology is finally stepping aside for HTML5 and other web standards.
For the first time, Go makes the top 10 in the Tiobe index of programming language popularity
IBM, Eclipse Foundation, Red Hat, and others decide to stand out of the way of the controversial technology’s deployment in Java 9
- Voice Engineer ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Project Manager QLD
- Devops Engineer VIC
- Content Writer NSW
- Salesforce CloudSense Lead VIC
- Senior Capacity Planner VIC
- Experience / Service Designer ACT
- Senior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane Based NSW
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.