If you needed any more reminders about why it isn't a good idea to use external mail services to conduct critical business, the recent break-in to US Republican Vice-Presidential candidate Sarah Palin's email@example.com Yahoo inbox should be it. Of note is that following the disclosure of the inboxes, the compromised address and another address, firstname.lastname@example.org, have been suspended.
Stories by Carl Jongsma
Something that might have gone unnoticed from Google this week is the patching of a serious vulnerability that previously allowed an attacker to exploit a weakness in Google's Single Sign-On service used with Google Apps to take over a victim's Google account.
Mac antivirus maker Intego has published an interesting alert about a potential OS X virus that an enterprising individual is trying to sell through auction. With absolutely no technical information to go on, the antivirus maker is treating the announcement with caution.
It has been a number of years since the fantasy that hackers will be offered a job by those who they hacked was even a potential reality, but there are reports that this might still be the case in New Zealand.
One of the first commercial Linux distributions aimed at the average computer user, Linspire, has just been sold to Xandros and undergone a name change to Digital Cornerstone. Xandros may not be very commonly known, but it is the distro being used by Asus on the EeePC.
- Land Access Administrators - Telco VIC
- Chief Digital Officer ACT
- Communications Technician / Auto Electrician / Radio Installer WA
- Senior Network Engineer ACT
- System Access Administrator - Telco VIC
- Program Manager NSW
- Senior Test Coordinator - (ieMR/ IMR) Brisbane SA
- HFC Project Officer (Governance Support) - 6 mth contract - Nth Sydney NSW
- Project Manager - Infrastructure WA
- Network Engineer (Juniper) VIC