FRAMINGHAM (11/18/2003) - When 22nd century conservators need to clean or patch the Statue of Liberty, they'll have a wealth of details to draw on -- provided they can access the data and make heads or tails of their predecessors' notes on the monument's condition and the work done on it.
Stories by Ted Smalley Bowen
New Zealanders rising to face the new year after a heady night of celebrations won't have to take their coffee black or choke down their cereal without milk. Like the rest of this early date-line country, the year-2000 date rollover seems to have gone smoothly at New Zealand Dairy Group, New Zealand's biggest dairy products company.
Overall, businesses are increasingly confident
Looking to cash in on an anticipated spike in demand for Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) and other broadband Internet access technologies, Intel has launched a business unit to produce broadband access hardware, and the company is forming a partnership with Cisco to further its DSL efforts.
Sun optsto pursue Java standardisation first through ECMA
The politics surrounding the standardisation of Java boiled over this week, casting doubt on how and when the technology will become enshrined as a set of industry specifications.
Internet industry risks creating proprietary barriers, says Web creator
Since joining Inprise in 1996, then Borland International, CEO Del Yocam (pictured) has overseen several acquisitions and reorganisations designed to focus the company's resources on enterprise tools and the middleware market. Prior to taking over at Inprise, Yocam presided over a turnaround effort at Tektronix, and served as executive vice president and chief operating officer at Apple Computer. Ted Smalley Bowen sat down with Yocam to discuss the future of Inprise.
Lotus officials, who until recently maintained that the complex Notes/Domino Release 5 (R5) upgrade would ship by year's end, acknowledged that the product's release would be delayed until at least the second half of January.
Lotus has also revealed plans to add muscle to its professional services corps. The Lotus Worldwide Services and Solutions Group is slated to be launched in January.
Sun Microsystems and IBM have unveiled the results of their collaborative work on the JavaOS for Business platform.
CORBA must get close - but not too close - to Java, says new CEO
JavaBeans to form basis of CORBA component model
Nothing unusual in non-disclosure, says standards spokeswoman
Java Performance Runtime attempts to deflect Microsoft criticism
Sedona not dead, only wounded, Oracle official insists
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Identity & Access Management Analyst VIC
- Junior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - Brisbane WA
- Cloud Engineer - based in Brisbane QLD
- Business Analyst VIC
- Call or Contact Centre Operator NSW
- Practice Manager - Security VIC
- Salesforce Architect VIC
- Data Specialist - Government Organisation VIC
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.