We all know that it’s true, but it’s rarely spoken aloud. When you hire a "big" consultancy to provide advice, the consultant’s job is to generate revenue for their company by providing advice to you that will get their company more work. Their job isn’t to help you out, it’s to generate revenue – most of them have a significant chunk of their salaries tied to generated revenue.
Stories by Brian Dollery
XP conference attendees in Auckland a fortnight ago ('Tinpot dictator' helped father XP) heard from Kent Beck, the original inventor of extreme programming. Beck told his audience of software developers about “changes in the social contract” XP brings to an organisation.
- Land Access Administrators - Telco VIC
- Chief Digital Officer ACT
- Communications Technician / Auto Electrician / Radio Installer WA
- Iteration Manager - Telco VIC
- Network Engineering Team Lead/Network Manager WA
- Senior Scrum Master VIC
- HFC Project Manager (Delivery) - Contract VIC
- Front-End Developer NSW
- Project Manager QLD
- Mobile Transmission Planning Engineer x 3 NSW