It’s sad to think that this will appear in the last print edition of Computerworld. The magazine has been a key element of the industry for as long as I have been in it. Its demise is a symptom of the change that is impacting everything to do with our industry and it is the theme of change that I want to focus on.
Stories by David Stone
Last month I attended CommsDay Summit in Sydney and it was clear that there are significant differences in approach and attitude between our two industries. In part this is a function of the different regulatory regimes that apply in our two countries. This in turn has led to a raft of different behaviours by the respective industries. So the end result is quite different evolutions of similar issues. Let’s look at a few.
Telecommunications Carriers Forum CEO David Stone forecasts two challenges and two opportunities for the ICT industry in 2012. They are as follows:
- Land Access Administrators - Telco VIC
- Chief Digital Officer ACT
- Communications Technician / Auto Electrician / Radio Installer WA
- Senior Network Engineer ACT
- System Access Administrator - Telco VIC
- Program Manager NSW
- Senior Test Coordinator - (ieMR/ IMR) Brisbane SA
- HFC Project Officer (Governance Support) - 6 mth contract - Nth Sydney NSW
- Project Manager - Infrastructure WA
- Network Engineer (Juniper) VIC