Microsoft's updated the HoloLens development environment to acknowledge that everyday, 2D software applications are still the reality for most users. The updates support multiple 'flat' apps and improve voice controls as well.
Stories by Mark Hachman
Microsoft is scheduled (finally!) to push Windows 10 Mobile to older Windows Phone 8.1 devices as early as tomorrow, if a new report is to be believed.
Microsoft launches the new Lumia 650 as a business phone for the European market, but without one of its most noteworthy productivity features, the Display Dock.
We go hands on with Microsoft's "ultimate notebook," the Surface Book. The incredible specs make up for a bit of awkwardness in how it all fits together.
October 6 will mark Microsoft's most important hardware launch in a year. Rumors are swirling about a new Surface Pro 4, at least two new Lumia smartphones, and even a new Microsoft Band. Here's what we expect to see on Tuesday.
Tabbed Windows. A customizable login screen. Tens of thousands of votes have poured in for these features and more, but time's running out for these features to make it into Windows 10's launch version.
Touch your pocket. If you're like millions of Americans, your smartphone is inside it. Can you do the same with your notebook? No, and you probably never will. And that's OK.
Microsoft's Cloud chief, Satya Nadella, will lead the company as its next chief executive, according to a report from Bloomberg.
Oh, what a year to forget
In a candid interview with the Wall Street Journal, Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer said that he was encouraged to hustle his transformation plan into motion, but ended up being pushed out the door.
Intel says that it has made a "significant investment" in Recon Instruments, a company that has quietly emerged on the cutting edge of wearable computing.
Microsoft fell way short of analyst estimates for its fourth fiscal quarter, with revenues nearly a billion dollars short of what analysts had expected.
Both Facebook and Microsoft said late Friday that they had been given permission from the U.S. government to disclose how many times the two companies had been asked to turn over user information to the Feds as part of a national security order.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Voice Engineer ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Senior Agile Project Manager NSW
- Healthcare Application Support Analyst role in Melbourne VIC
- DevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux) QLD
- Project Manager - Office Expansion Project NSW
- Portfolio Manager NSW
- Project Delivery Coordinator QLD
- Graduate Developer - C#.Net | SQL | Web Services QLD
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.