The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) is calling for UK websites to "try harder" when it comes to implementing the controversial cookie law.
Stories by Carrie-Ann Skinner
<a href="http://www.talktalk.co.uk/">TalkTalk</a> has launched a security service that works at network-level to ensure it will block infected web pages and inappropriate content on any device using the home broadband network to surf the web.
Twitter is being sued by a company that claims it had already come up with the idea for an online network of celebrities.
News Corp, which owns MySpace, has revealed it is considering a sale, merger or even spinoff of the social network.
The British Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has ordered Google to delete the wi-fi data the search engine accidentally collected using its Street View Cars.
Residents in Nairobi, Kenya can now get on the web, thanks to a solar powered internet café that has been built by Computer Aid International.
Security vendor <a href="http://www.sophos.co.uk ">Sophos</a> has slammed a technology experiment in which a British scientist infected himself with a computer virus.
A worm that is spreading via USB flash drives has been named the biggest security threat to PC users by <a href="http://www.mcafee.com/uk/">McAfee</a>.
A law firm has revealed it will stop issuing letters to web users accused of illegally file-sharing.
Google, Facebook and eBay are among the tech giants that have slammed the government's plans to tackle internet piracy, claiming it will "threaten freedom of speech".
Cybercriminals are expanding the types of organisations they exploit in phishing attacks, says the <a href="http://www.antiphishing.org ">Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG)</a>.
<a href="http://www.bt.co.uk">BT</a> is calling for <a href="http://www.virginmedia.com">Virgin Media</a> to open up its fibre network and allow other ISPs to access the infrastructure.
Micro-blogging service Twitter is thought to be preparing to serve advertisements to its users.
A protest song that launches an attack on the government's plan to tackle internet piracy has received thousands of views after Stephen Fry proclaimed his love for the track on <a href="http://www.twitter.com">Twitter</a>.
Spam accounted for 87 percent of all email messages in 2009, says Symantec.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Voice Engineer ACT
- Agile Business Analyst QLD
- Senior Sales Executive Technology Consulting QLD
- MessageQueue/DataPower Administrator VIC
- Junior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - Brisbane QLD
- Business Analyst VIC
- Network Data Admin VIC
- Application Support HP ALM ACT
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.