Nobody expects the white hats of the IT world to be able to eliminate cyber crime entirely. But, according to McAfee Labs' Threats Report for the fourth quarter of 2013, the good guys are having a tough time even making life difficult for the bad guys.
Stories by Taylor Armerding
While school districts around the country enact "zero-tolerance" policies against bullying, technology is making bullying easier and more seductive for teens, by promising them anonymity.
To paraphrase a phrase, there is no such thing as a free app.
The primary goal of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is to protect the confidential user information on credit cards.
All threats are not equally threatening.
As you shop for that new "smart" refrigerator that can do everything including figuring out when you're low on milk, perhaps you should also think about the risk of some mischievous hacker taking control of it and having 5,000 gallons of milk delivered to your door.
Ghettos are not good, whether they are at the local, state or national level. They tend to breed unrest, dysfunction and crime that can extend well beyond their borders, undermining the health of an entire society.
The generation gap has existed for --well -- generations. But the current divide between twentysomethings and their elders in the IT workforce, at least according to some experts, goes beyond the older cohort simply shaking their heads and muttering, "Kids these days." There is, they say, a security divide.
It is not just personal information that is being swept into the National Security Agency's (NSA) massive databases. It is corporate data as well. And that could cause some serious international blowback for the US, both politically and economically.
Critics say Obama administration is seeking to quash freedom of the press with efforts to find out who leaked information about the worm
Privacy advocates say more companies should follow search giant's example
In the world of cyberthreat defence, security experts and vendors have conceded that it is a matter of "when," not "if," an enterprise will be breached.
Report of U.S. admission of involvement in cyberwarfare in Afghanistan does not indicate a shift in posture, experts say
Report highlights security vendors' built-in conflict of interest
Bulk of phishing scams are unsophisticated, looking to take advantage of so-called 'low-hanging fruit.'
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- IT Security Assurance Analyst Other
- Business Analyst NSW
- Senior Project Coordinator NSW
- IT Security Analyst Other
- Infrastructure Solution Architect NSW
- Senior Test Data Management Consultant VIC
- Mulesoft Developer VIC
- Technical Infrastructure SME - VMware / Storage/ Backup NSW
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.