As the clock ticks on support for mainstream Windows 2000 users, Microsoft Corp. has released a "high priority" update rollup of over 50 security fixes.
Stories by Scarlet Pruitt
Internet users alarmed over news of Michael Jackson's death or dark conspiracies behind the demise of Pope John Paul II should perhaps just be worried that they received another new e-mail worm.
Google Inc. has confirmed that it is developing an online payment system, although it says it has no plans to take on eBay Inc.'s PayPal service.
Microsoft named a new head for its international operations on Monday, in a move that underscores the software maker's increasing focus on global sales, and emerging markets in particular.
Another variant of the Mytob worm began wiggling its way into inboxes this week, enticing recipients to open an e-mail attachment that could allow a remote hacker to access and perform commands on an infected machine.
Users of instant messaging (IM) applications from Yahoo Inc. and America Online Inc. (AOL) are being warned this week of two new threats spreading via IM.
Is anybody really impatient for Windows without Windows Media Player?
E-mail users perplexed by the barrage of German-language spam waiting in their inboxes Monday morning can point the finger of blame at the latest version of the Sober mass mailing worm which began rapidly spreading over the weekend.
A 21-year old Indiana resident was slapped with a 21-month jail sentence for his role in a hacking attack that compromised computers at the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD), law enforcement officials recently revealed.
Microsoft is set to unveil the next version of its Windows Mobile operating system this week, codenamed Magneto, according to sources familiar with the situation.
Mass-mailer viruses like Bagle, Netsky and MyDoom are so passe. Hackers in the know are now concentrating on mobile phone viruses, phishing scams and exploiting vulnerabilities, according to McAfee.
Settling antitrust cases is proving to be expensive
VeriSign moved a step closer to renewing its contract to operate the .net domain registry this week after an independent evaluator ranked its bid higher than those of the four other contenders.
But who would really want 'XP Home Edition N'?
Nokia makes big comeback as worldwide phone sales top 670 million units
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Finance Analyst NSW
- Manager-Process Tranformation (Black Belt) NSW
- .Net/Front-End Developer QLD
- Windows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support Specialist NSW
- Lead Service Designer ACT
- Project Manager NSW
- Windows Admin VIC
- Network Infrastructure Development Engineer NSW
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.