With telecommunication service providers using packet-based transmissions like voice over IP for phone calls more often, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) wants carriers to help make those new kinds of networks easier to tap, according to a report.
Stories by George A. Chidi Jr
Compaq Computer Corp. announced a change in its sales strategy Tuesday, pushing services to large corporate customers in a move to emphasize that it does more than make hardware.
To cut costs, Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) is asking its 88,500 employees worldwide to volunteer to take either eight vacation days off without pay or a 10 percent pay cut. Alternatively, employees may opt to take both four vacation days without pay and a 5 percent pay cut.
Sony Electronics officially launched the eVilla Network Entertainment Center on Thursday, a stripped-down computer built specifically for Internet access and plans to ship the $US500 appliance for the consumer market by month's end.
File-swapping service Napster Inc. is in talks with Microsoft to use the software maker's music copyright protection technology, Napster confirmed Friday. Napster hopes to use Microsoft's anti-piracy technology to persuade the music industry to allow songs it has restricted the file-trading service from listing.
RealNetworks plans to launch a platform for online music subscription services in conjunction with three of the big five music labels, the companies announced Monday.
A phalanx of major computer manufacturers marched out notebook computers using Intel Corp.'s newly released 1Ghz mobile processor Monday.
Microsoft's investment in software developer Corel is under antitrust investigation, according a spokeswoman from the US Department of Justice (DOJ).
MP3.com will work with wireless technology company Qualcomm to develop an application for the wireless delivery of digital music, the online music site announced Wednesday.
Dutch ERP (enterprise resource planning) software maker Baan Co. NV unveiled a suite of Internet-based management applications and services Monday, its first offering since British software maker Invensys PLC bought a controlling stake in the embattled company last year.
Auction customers can no longer buy Nazi SS uniforms on the Yahoo auction site, nor German Luftwaffe WWII model airplanes, now that the company has put a ban on Nazi memorabilia and paraphernalia from hate groups which came into effect on the site Wednesday 10 January.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Voice Engineer ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Business Analyst - Multiple Roles ACT
- Data Business Analyst NSW
- I&CS Communications Lead VIC
- Project Manager - Office Expansion Project NSW
- Senior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane Based NSW
- Oracle WebLogic Administrator NSW
- Senior Sales Executive Technology Consulting QLD
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.