The US Federal Trade Commission has suggested that search engine websites tell users when they are taking money from other websites to guarantee either high placement or inclusion in search results.
Stories by Brian Sullivan
Separate hacking incidents involving at least three Western colleges have touched off an investigation by the US Secret Service into what may be an identity theft ring that is targeting colleges and universities.
In a protest move against a bill in the South African Parliament, the nation's web address administrator has moved the zone file for the address to a location beyond the reach of authorities.
"If it seems too good to be true, it probably is"
The FBI is investigating how someone made off with 13,000 credit reports from a credit reporting agency, Experian Information Solutions, during a 10-month period by posing as a Ford Motor Credit employee.
A pair of antivirus companies is warning users to look out for an email worm that could allow attackers to take over their machines and try to damage firewall and security programs.
As WorldCom president and CEO Bernard Ebbers packs up his desk and walks away from the top job at the embattled telecommunications company, he joins a list of high-tech CEOs who have preceded him out the door since September.
“Things have gotten so drawn out and unpleasant”
HP has repeatedly said it has done nothing wrong
Security consultants aren't surprised that someone managed to take a voice mail Hewlett-Packard Co. Chairwoman and CEO Carly Fiorina left for HP Chief Financial Officer Robert Wayman last month and transmit it to the world.
Highest per incident loss was $US5575 for victims of Nigerian email fraud.
Teoma.com, a new search engine that went live Monday, should provide a boost to parent company Ask Jeeves Inc. and could provide a serious challenger to Google Inc.'s dominance of the market, according to analysts.
Tens of thousands of people have reportedly been tricked into downloading malicious software onto their computers from Internet Relay Chat (IRC) and instant messaging (IM), said an incident report released by the CERT Coordination Center at Carnegie Mellon University.
Dissenting HP board member Walter Hewlett told reporters this afternoon that he remains confident of victory despite claims by Hewlett-Packard chairwoman and CEO Carly Fiorina that her side won the shareholder vote on the proposed HP/Compaq merger.
Security experts around the world are warning of a new virus that uses Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to replicate itself by sending out mass e-mails that may destroy some Windows files.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Training and Support Lead VIC
- Network Specialist NSW
- SAP HR / Payroll Analyst ACT
- Experience / Service Designer ACT
- IT Service Operations Lead ? Financial Services - Telco VIC
- Senior ETL Developer/Designer VIC
- Infrastructure Project Manager NSW
- Wintel Engineer - Brisbane VIC
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.