Of all the waste in the typical datacentre, none is as often overlooked as the series of steps that convert power back and forth from AC (alternating current) to DC (direct current). My Ton, senior project manager at environmental consulting firm Ecos Consulting, aims to change that. Ton says companies can cut power usage by more than 20% by retooling their datacentres to run on DC.
Stories by Dan Goodin
IBM has unveiled an addition to its WebSphere Portal product line-up, introducing an entry-level offering aimed at small- and medium-sized businesses.
Napster has until tomorrow to remove songs
"Unless all of the plaintiffs settle, it won't mean anything," says internet lawyer
- Data Management Officer NSW
- Senior Consultant - Portfolio Governance VIC
- Multiple SOC Analyst Roles Other
- ITSM OR iTIL Business Analyst NSW
- Iteration Manager - Insurance Background QLD
- Project Manager NSW
- Wintel Engineer - Brisbane NSW
- Organisational Change Manager NSW
- Digital Content Writer and Lead ACT
- Senior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU) VIC