From turkey hatcheries to prawn farms, users are finding unique ways to use technology to monitor their situations.
Stories by Network World staff
Don’t think email security is important? Here are six everyday scenarios where many businesses loosely send sensitive and confidential content and files over unsecure email.
Take a look back at the best of the Photoshopped speculation surrounding one of the most-hyped tech devices.
A trip down memory lane, tracing major milestones in the evolution of the desktop environment.
Linux is everywhere, if you look for it.
Our ongoing timeline of the biggest and most interesting network industry M&A deals
With the iPad Air now available, a fresh look apps to try for work and fun
The open source world's most notorious characters.
Microsoft usually makes small purchases, but occasionally those small purchases pay off huge.
Microsoft has announced its biggest reorganidation in years, and a lot of the new leaders have backgrounds in consumer businesses. Here's who's running the show.
Below is the prepared text of the commencement address by Drew Houston '05, the CEO of Dropbox, for MIT's 147th commencement held June 7, 2013.
Transcript of technologist/philanthropist Melinda Gates' commencement address to Duke University graduates.
Nearly two dozen products have been selected as Best of Interop finalists, with winners set to be announced on May 7 during the annual Interop Las Vegas conference.
The enterprise storage picture is changing fast as resources are abstracted through virtualization, new computing options like cloud are embraced, and companies search for ways to extract more value out of the data they already are swimming in, even as more arrives in the guise of big data.
2012 has been a year of re-invention among the tech industry’s biggest players, with Microsoft overhauling many of its key product lines, most notably Windows, while also boldly entering the hardware market with Surface tablets. HP slashed its workforce as CEO Meg Whitman reshaped an industry icon that has gone through many shifts in recent years. The transformation to the cloud continued practically unabated (save for those pesky outages!) and suddenly every company seemed to be a software defined something or other, or was snapping up an SDN company.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Senior Test Data Management Consultant VIC
- Cognos/Datastage Developer QLD
- Network Architect NSW
- Automation Developer ? Linux Dev Ops Engineer NSW
- Mid-Level Oracle SQL Developer WA
- SAP HR / Payroll Analyst VIC
- IT Security Analyst Other
- Data Scientist - Telecom Industry VIC
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.