Mid-sized organisations are hit harder by worsening economy
Stories by James Evans
Compaq Computer Corp. has been awarded contracts to build what it claims will be the largest supercomputers in both Japan and Australia, the company said Wednesday.
For a short time after its IPO about one year ago Larry Augustin's company was a darling of Wall Street. He is one of the most public faces of Linux and the open-source community and now Augustin, chief executive officer (CEO) of VA Linux Systems, is leading a company that sells Linux-based servers during tough economic times.
Vulnerability is caused by HTML-based e-mail that contains an executable attachment
Another security flaw has emerged with communications based on Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) that could be used to 'hijack' a user's session on the Internet or a corporate network, a computer security services company announced Monday.
Forty-nine dot-coms joined a growing list of dot-bombs in January and another 112 Internet companies were acquired at a cost of more than $US5 billion, according to a study released on Tuesday.
Terms of the settlement were not released
30 minutes to be reserved for "conduct of trial and extrajudicial statements"
Oracle Corp. on Tuesday announced a promotion to get developers started on Linux using the Oracle9i application server and the latest version of Oracle8i database. The Redwood Shores, California-company's Oracle Fast Start kit is free and includes technical overviews of Oracle's application server and database products on Linux, a free trial sampler of Oracle9i Application Server for Linux and access to the Oracle Technology Network Linux member forums.
Move believed to be due to sluggish PC sales
HP e-utilica has estimated price of $US500,000
Disagreements over hacker's level of skill
Maximum fine boy can receive is $US661
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. reported fourth-quarter financial results Wednesday that were in line with its lowered forecast, although its earnings fell short of analysts' expectations. The chip maker also said it expects its first-quarter 2001 results to be dampened by "normal seasonal weakness" and weak PC demand.
IBM Corp., taking top honors for the eighth year in a row, was granted the most U.S. patents in 2000 and outdistanced the nearest competition by nearly 900 patents, a new study reports. However, a majority of the top 10 companies are based in Asia.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Voice Engineer ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- MessageQueue/DataPower Administrator ACT
- DevOps Developer (Brisbane Location) NSW
- User Experience Designer ACT
- Network and Security Engineer Other
- Senior Java Developer QLD
- Change Specialist QLD
- Training and Support Lead VIC
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.