As security researchers investigate last Friday’s massive attack from the WannaCry ransomware, they’ve noticed clues that may link it with a North Korean hacking group that has been blamed for attacking banks across the world.
Stories by Michael Kan
Last Friday’s massive WannaCry ransomware attack means victims around the world are facing a tough question: Should they pay the ransom? Those who do shouldn't expect a quick response -- or any response at all. Even after payment, the ransomware doesn’t automatically release your computer and decrypt your files.
Users of old Windows systems can now download a patch to protect them from this week’s massive ransomware attack.
Friday’s unprecedented ransomware attack may have stopped spreading to new machines -- at least briefly -- thanks to a "kill switch" that a security researcher has activated.
Consumers with HP laptops that have been accidentally recording their keystrokes can easily address the problem with a patch from the PC maker.
A ransomware strain appears to be spreading worldwide, by leveraging a hacking tool that may have come from the U.S. National Security Agency.
Over two dozen HP laptop models may have secretly been recording users’ keystrokes by mistake, according to a Swiss security firm.
President Trump has finally signed a long-awaited executive order on cybersecurity, which calls for the U.S. government to move to the cloud and modernize its IT infrastructure.
Over 100,000 internet-connected cameras may be falling prey to a new IoT malware that’s spreading through recently disclosed vulnerabilities in the products.
Several German firms are taking a stab at a single login process for accessing different online services -- an approach that could compete with U.S. offerings.
Another political campaign has been hit by an email dump. This time, the target is French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron.
Starting this week, PC makers will roll out a patch that fixes a severe vulnerability found in certain Intel-based business systems making them easier to hack.
Having trouble finding the right security products for your business? You’re not the only one. We asked experienced buyers for their tips.
Today's cybersecurity market is beset by vaporware, exaggerated marketing claims and shady sales tactics, security managers say.
Google has stopped Wednesday’s clever email phishing scheme, but the attack may very well make a comeback.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- SAP FICO Consultant NSW
- IT Service Operations Lead ? Financial Services - Telco VIC
- Change Manager-Port Macquarie NSW
- Senior Technical Business Analyst - Integration NSW
- Project Delivery Coordinator QLD
- SAP HR / Payroll Analyst SA
- SAP Business Analyst OR functional Analyst NSW
- SAP HR / Payroll Analyst VIC
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.