Disaggregation, security, software licensing all part of challenges Cisco faces.
Stories by Jim Duffy
Robbins favors small, internal "start-up" teams over funding and acquiring companies
1 Mainstream has a cloud-based video service networking giant needs
Cisco CEO, John Chambers, has rubbed elbows with many business, political and entertainment VIPs during his 20 years at the helm
Cisco this week revamped its UCS server line with systems designed to scale form the largest cloud deployment to those with only up to 15 servers.
Juniper Networks has divested its mobile security product line, selling the assets to a private equity firm for $250 million.
Cisco this week expanded its datacentre arrangement with Microsoft with a multiyear sales and go-to-market effort for integrated products. The deal builds upon one agreed to 15 months ago, when the two companies combined cloud offerings under their respective Cisco Unified Data Center and Microsoft Fast Track 3.0 architectures.
HP this week is refreshing its 5400 series switch line with new chassis that features double the switching capacity of its predecessor.
A global environmental engineering company is turning to software-defined networking as a way to boost productivity and save money.
Juniper Networks combined its hardware and software units to better align product development and share technology across products lines for cloud and intelligent networking.
Cisco has announced vendor network service orchestration systems for traditional and virtualized networks, and one of the vendors AT&T selected for its Domain 2.0 SDN/NFV project.
HP's annual Discover conference unearths new IT products
This year, Cisco recognizes the 25th anniversary of its Networkers user conference. To put this run in perspective, here's a timeline of Cisco-specific events interspersed with world, national, cultural and technology milestones that occurred over this period.
Seven months after dismissing OpenDaylight, HP has raised its membership in the vendor-driven open source SDN consortium to its highest and most expensive tier.
Multiple vendors, including an open source project within Cisco, have had a policy blueprint approved for the OpenStack cloud platform's Neutron networking component.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Automation Tester - Selenium ACT
- Junior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - Brisbane WA
- Support Engineer SA
- IT Project Coordinator VIC
- Business Analyst VIC
- Business Analyst QLD
- Program Director - Consulting Firm ACT
- Communications Business Analyst - LTE / 4G / 3G WA
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.