Oracle Corp. today promised to aggressively push its newly acquired MySQL open-source database, rather than kill it.
Stories by Eric Lai
A European IT consulting firm is warning large enterprises and government entities not to deploy OpenOffice.org until Oracle shows proof that it will invest as heavily in the development of open-source productivity suite as project champion Sun Microsystems Inc. did.
Ongoing problems with a Microsoft website handling software licences have left some business customers unable to activate and use their Microsoft apps for more than a month.
Microsoft's Courier tablet computer failed to make a rumoured appearance at CEO Steve Ballmer's keynote speech at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) last night.
Plurk, a micro-blogging service popular in parts of Asia, claimed today that its site design and underlying code were copied by a recently debuted service from Microsoft's China division.
Barnes & Noble, Sony and other eBook vendors may be the manufacturing brawn in the ongoing e-reader war, but the brains directing the challenge against Amazon's market-leading Kindle is Adobe Systems.
Lifted by fast-growing notebook shipments, Taiwan's Acer grabbed the No. 2 spot in the global PC market for the first time over Dell, according to iSuppli.
Microsoft is, predictably, not all that impressed by Google's demonstration of its upcoming Chrome OS, but neither were a number of potential rivals in the Linux and instant-on operating system space.
LOS ANGELES -- Microsoft's Surface touch computer may be generating more oohs and ahs than some of the company's other recent technologies, but the product has yet to generate rabid interest among programmers.
Consumers may appear to be snapping up Windows 7, but large companies aren't, according to CIOs interviewed this week.
While eHarmony.com's mission is to help its 20 million members get married or settle into long-term relationships, the online matchmaking company is a bit of a commitment-phobe when it comes to business intelligence technology.
Tony Romo and the rest of the Dallas Cowboys may only be average on the football field so far this year. But off the field, especially in the merchandising arena, they remain America's team.
Guessing what eye-popping growth figures Microsoft will trumpet for its popular portal and collaboration app, SharePoint, has become an annual parlor game for fans and detractors alike.
Netbook sales keep growing, as do the sizes of their displays.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Infrastructure Solution Architect NSW
- Junior Test Analyst ACT
- SAP FICO Consultant ACT
- RF Engineer - Melbourne Based, Start ASAP VIC
- URGENT - Contract opportunity Business Analyst - Finance - Immediate start VIC
- Site Support Officer - FIFO - Cape Preston WA
- Business Analyst - Sharepoint VIC
- Presales Security Solutions Architect VIC
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.