I give you two choices. Close your eyes and imagine one of these two scenarios.
Stories by Ernie Newman
There’s nothing new in electricity lines companies crossing the wires to provide telecommunications infrastructure. Counties Power and Vector are two local companies with the vision to see the natural synergy years ago.
Perhaps the most worrying aspect of the government’s surprise decision not to reappoint Paula Rebstock as Commerce Commission Chair, was the one-sided nature of whatever consultation preceded it.
Sometimes it feels like open season on the Commerce Commission. I guess it’s inevitable. An increasing number of the country’s largest businesses are subject to regulatory scrutiny, the stakes are very high and times are tough.
Listen. Don’t reinvent the wheel. Take input quickly from credible people everywhere you can find them. Apply a huge dose of imagination, common sense and ingenuity.
One by one, the countries of the Asia-Pacific region are marking their metropolitan narrowband or broadband rollouts as “mission accomplished” and turning to their rural areas.
Never before in my recollection has the future of telecommunications been a major differentiator in a general election. Yet this year the National Party raised the bar by choosing it as the first policy off the rank. As far back as April 22 they announced their commitment of $1.5 billion of taxpayer money to drive the roll-out of a “fibre to the home ultra-fast broadband network”.
With its second quarterly report having just been published, it’s time to assess how the Telecommunications Disputes Resolution Service is performing. And by any standard, its proving a great success.
There’s nothing special about a digital strategy — every country that’s worth knowing has one.
As I write, crude oil has increased in price overnight by US$9 a barrel to US$138. That brings the likelihood of petrol at NZ$3 a litre in the short term. It’s about to change our lives fundamentally, and soon.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Test Analyst - Intermediate Level NSW
- Tech PM - Security NSW
- Senior Agile Business Analyst NSW
- Project SAP Asset Coordinator NSW
- Network Infrastructure Development Engineer NSW
- SAP FICO Consultant QLD
- Digital Project Manager VIC
- IT Security Analyst Other
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.