In the following opinion piece ICT lawyer Michael Wigley considers the powers of the Commerce Commission to ensure competition in the content market during the migration from copper to government-backed fibre networks, given Sky TV's signficant share of the pay television market.
Stories by Michael Wigley
Over the next two days the Commerce Commission will hold a conference in Auckland entitled Future with High Speed Broadband. ICT lawyer Michael Wigley, in the following opinion piece, urges stakeholders to get in early with their concerns.
Finally the truth outs. I’ve been rumbled by an online comment on a talk I gave on the three strikes copyright law, reported in a Computerworld article Lawyer explains how to bypass file sharing Act.
The police porn scandal has highlighted the question of online abuse, but the issue is about more than porn. Defamatory emails and security, for instance, are also major issues.
- Communications Technician / Auto Electrician / Radio Installer WA
- Land Access Administrators - Telco VIC
- Chief Digital Officer ACT
- Project Manager NSW
- HFC Project Officer (Governance Support) - 6 mth contract - Nth Sydney NSW
- Cloud Engineer NSW
- Senior Project Manager NSW
- Senior System Engineer l Office 365,Windows 10, VMWare Workspace NSW
- Mining Planning System Engineer QLD
- Cyber Security Threat Management Specialist Other