Months of confusion regarding Microsoft's position on its Windows NT 4.0 certification exam have left some IT professionals feeling uncertain about the future of their credentials.
Stories by Julekha Dash
On a warm summer evening in Manhattan, hundreds of former dot-com workers are huddled inside Hush, a dimly lit bar in the city's Chelsea district. The occasion is a pink-slip party, held here on the last Wednesday of every month for hopeful laid-off workers and recruiters from Silicon Alley.
Job seekers would do well to avoid technology and manufacturing firms
A new program that would speed up the process for approving H-1B visas for foreign workers but would also charge an extra fee is drawing praise and criticism among those involved in immigration issues.
Change can be attributed to slowing US economy and recent layoffs
Many telecos laying off customer service reps and low-level technicians
Contracts should make it clear whether a worker is a contractor or an employee
Salaries for IT professionals rose by 6.6% this year
Senior management get more involved in recruiting
As organizations rely increasingly on the Internet to find job candidates, some attendees at the International Quality and Productivity Center's recruiting conference questioned whether job fairs are still an effective hiring channel.
Staff can be rewarded for individual performance
Health care officials said alleged data theft this week at a leading cancer center in Boston highlights the security issues the industry faces.
Deal lets Nortel focus on developing its Internet business
Keith L. Vencel, a product manager at Sutter Health in Sacramento, Calif., is used to spending several hours each weekend sifting through about 100 résumés. Of those, a dozen might yield potential interview candidates.
In what one analyst called a landmark deal, Tyco International, a $US22 billion manufacturing firm, has hired an application service provider to host and manage SAP applications for its subsidiaries.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Project Delivery Coordinator QLD
- Penetration Test Analyst ACT
- MessageQueue/DataPower Administrator VIC
- Automation Developer ? Linux Dev Ops Engineer NSW
- Business/System Analyst- (Human Capital Management (HCM) ) NSW
- Oracle Identity and Access Management Administrator NSW
- UI Developer VIC
- Project Scheduler SA
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.