What are you personally most proud of with the launch of Woodcrest?
Stories by Shelley Solheim
The Top500 list of the world's fastest supercomputers was released this week, with IBM's BlueGene continuing to reign and AMD's Opteron processor powering more systems on the list than last year.
Hewlett-Packard has released a new version of its NonStop fault-tolerant servers for mid-size businesses.
Sun Microsystems's board of directors has signed off on a company plan to return to profitability that will include between 4000 - 5000 layoffs in the next six months.
Sun Microsystems Inc. is getting support for its Sparc-based servers from Canonical Ltd., the Linux distributor of Ubuntu, the companies said Tuesday.
Sun Microsystems has rolled out several incentives to draw developers into creating applications for the Sun Grid, the company announced at the recent JavaOne Developer Conference, held in San Francisco.
CA has launched new software that aims to ease tape encryption and key management for mainframe users.
In one of the first executive shakeups at Sun Microsystems since Jonathan Schwartz stepped in as CEO last month, the company on has shuffled its server and storage heads and consolidated its server businesses.
Quantum has announced plans to purchase fellow tape vendor Advanced Digital Information for approximately US$770 million (NZ$1.25 billion).
IBM is building new storage-compression technology into its forthcoming "Viper" DB2 database server that it says can cut storage needs by more than half.
EMC is still in the process of fitting together all the pieces of its ILM (information lifecycle management) jigsaw puzzle, but a partial picture of its roadmap emerged at its EMC World conference in Boston last month.
VMware, which trailblazed the way for broader adoption of server virtualisation, is now hoping to drive virtualisation of the desktop with the help of other companies.
Hewlett-Packard has introduced software aimed at simplifying the management of its BladeSystem blade servers running Linux.
HP has launched new tools to help businesses archive, access and protect data.
XOsoft on Monday will release the next version of its WANSync data synchronization and replication software with added support for Linux, 64-bit environments and the BlackBerry mobile device.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Mid Level .Net Analyst QLD
- Training and Support Lead ACT
- Junior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - Brisbane WA
- SAP FICO Consultant ACT
- Senior IT Project Manager VIC
- Experience / Service Designer ACT
- IT Project Coordinator VIC
- Java Developer NSW
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.