The annual World Backup Day, which came and went on March 31 without much fanfare, is designed as a reminder for good data hygiene. Yet for companies where backup is not only good hygiene but crucial to the survival of the business, each successive event is a stark reminder that the overwhelming flood of data is only getting stronger.
Stories by David Braue
Just as accepted definitions of what DevOps entails have morphed and grown over the years, so too have the toolsets and management approaches employed to build and manage a DevOps culture within the organisation.
Companies in Australia and New Zealand are well ahead of world pace in moving away from Windows XP – which is widely expected to become a security nightmare once Microsoft discontinues updates for the platform next Monday – but hundreds of thousands of regional PCs are still running the operating system, according to new statistics from Trend Micro.
Human error remains the biggest moderate concern for IT administrators but is losing ground to malware, hacking, cloud computing, and social engineering on the security-threat leaderboard, recent figures from industry association CompTIA have revealed.
Mobiles on 4G networks comprise the lion's share of the more than 11.6 million mobile devices infected with malware at any given time, with the rate of mobile infection soaring ahead of infections of fixed-broadband users, according to new research into malware infections released by Alcatel-Lucent subsidiary Kindsight.
Intel's decision to rebrand its McAfee security division as Intel Security won't have any direct impact on the company's Australia or New Zealand operations, its local managing director has confirmed.
Global volumes of phishing emails dropped significantly in 2013 compared with 2012 – but that's only because today's phishing attempts are smaller and better-targeted, according to security vendors offering end-of-year warnings about 2013's most risk-prone emails and celebrities.
Increased use of biometric security and integrated password managers will become essential as users face increasing pressure from spear phishers and other identity thieves who are increasingly running “long game” identity scams, the ANZ VP of Verizon Business has warned.
Cyber-attacks have outrated nearly every other type of threat in a risk assessment published by the World Economic Forum, reiterating the importance of proactive security measures over the next 10 years.
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Manager-Process Tranformation (Black Belt) NSW
- Senior Business Analyst NSW
- MessageQueue/DataPower Administrator VIC
- Call or Contact Centre Operator NSW
- SAP HR / Payroll Analyst ACT
- Change Manager-Port Macquarie NSW
- Wintel Engineer - Brisbane VIC
- Enterprise Security Architect Other
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.