Business analytics software firm SAS is holding its annual SAS Users of New Zealand (SUNZ) conference in Wellington next month.
Stories by IDG staff
Linux Mint 17 Xfce includes enhancements to Update Manager, new artwork, better language settings, Xfce 4.10, long term support and much more.
International Data Group (IDG) announced Thursday with great sadness that its Founder and Chairman, Patrick J. McGovern, died March 19, 2014, at Stanford Hospital in Palo Alto, California.
Lehman Brothers was a technology powerhouse that pioneered grid computing and was able to sell the technology it developed in-house to traditional software vendors.
Dell has entered into an agreement to acquire SAN vendor EqualLogic for US$1.4 billion (NZ$1.79 billion).
'>>FFWD' circulation leaps 20%
Reviewing and summarising reports and other published documents for Computerworld has become markedly easier since so many of them became available on the web. Cutting and pasting replaces much ponderous typing of quoted passages, and no-one can accuse us of getting the wording wrong.
Telstra departure leaves an uncertain future, says analyst
'Business as usual', says TelstraClear
It seems the message that Gen-i is now owned by Telecom hasn’t penetrated to some sales staff of the former systems integrator, once an agnostic seller of product and services. They’re still trying to offer TelstraClear services to some customers — definitely a big no-no under the new ownership.
A Computerworld staffer returns Australian PR person's phone call at 5.15pm NZ time. PR person isn't there, but the colleague who takes the message asks, in a surprised tone of voice, "Isn't it after 5pm in New Zealand?" Yes, indeed, and, shock horror, this Computerworld staffer was still in the office. Note to Australians who habitually knock off at 5pm: even New Zealanders do sometimes work "late".
With the approach of what our errant typing fingers have been known to render as "the fertive season", eateries and such around town are busy trying to drum up seasonal custom. One conference venue in central Wellington is clearly making a pitch for the ICT industry, with a signboard advising that "Xm@s functions" are catered for.
Halloween trick – or treat?
The hidden dangers of mobiles
We're not that bad, surely?
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations ACT
- Technical Analyst, Cybercrime Operations VIC
- Test Analyst - Intermediate Level NSW
- Tech PM - Security NSW
- Senior Agile Business Analyst NSW
- Project SAP Asset Coordinator NSW
- Network Infrastructure Development Engineer NSW
- SAP FICO Consultant QLD
- Digital Project Manager VIC
- IT Security Analyst Other
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.