The 16-year-old accused of attacking major Web sites earlier this year is facing 64 new charges for hacking and mischief.
The Montreal-area high-school student, known as "Mafiaboy," Thursday was charged with 54 counts of illegal access to computers, said Staff Sgt.
Jean-Pierre Roy of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police's computer investigation and support unit. The teen, who can't be identified because of his age, was also hit with two charges each for accessing Yahoo Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Dell Computer Corp., eBay Inc. and Outlaw.net, Roy said.
He pleaded not guilty to the new charges.
The teen-ager was arrested in April and charged with two counts of "mischief to data" in connection with denial-of-service computer attacks against CNN's Web site and more than 1,200 sites that CNN hosts. The attacks happened between Feb. 7 and 14. The boy allegedly pulled together a series of computers and used them to send vast amounts of data to the CNN site, causing the system to fail.
His next court appearance is Sept. 28, where a trial date will be set. If convicted, the youth faces a maximum of two years in a juvenile facility.