We aim to acknowledge, recognise and celebrate excellence within the New Zealand Hi-Tech industry, which is the third largest export earner in the country and the fastest growing export sector.
Entries are now open for the 2017 NZ Hi-Tech Awards, New Zealand’s premier technology event.
The Hi-Tech Awards recognise the achievers of the NZ Hi-Tech industry from the start-up and emerging categories through to the coveted PwC Company of the Year, which was won in 2016 by Vista Group.
A full list of categories and entry criteria can be found at www.hitech.org.nz. All entries need to be submitted online.
Additional categories recognise excellence in the product sectors covering software, services, hardware, mobile, creative and Agritech, as well as Maori Innovation, which was a new category in 2016 and drew a record number of entrants.
Wayne Norrie, NZ Hi-Tech Trust chair, says the awards aim to acknowledge, recognise and celebrate excellence within the New Zealand Hi-Tech industry, which is the third largest export earner in the country and the fastest growing export sector.
The awards increase the awareness of the contribution the tech sector makes to the New Zealand economy and the country as a whole.
“The 2016 Awards programme has been the most successful to date, with a record number of new entrants and more than 900 people attending the sold-out Gala Awards Dinner.
“We are looking to continue this momentum as we open for the 2017 Awards which will culminate with the Gala Dinner on the 12th May next which will be a fitting finale to Techweek ’17 which is being run by NZ Tech and supported by ATEED, MBIE, NZTE and WREDA.”
“For 2017 we’ve refined some of the entry criteria to make the awards more accessible to a greater number of companies. Also new for 2017 is that people now have the opportunity to nominate companies and individuals that they think are worthy of entering,” says Norrie.
“Entries are securely reviewed by our high-profile panels of local and international judges,” says Norrie. The judging panels will be announced in early 2017.
The 13 categories for the 2017 NZ Hi-Tech Awards are:
· PwC Hi-Tech Company of the Year
· Coretex Hi-Tech Emerging Company
· NZVIF Hi-Tech Start-up Company
· Callaghan Innovation Maori Innovation Award
· Duncan Cotterill Most Innovative Hi-Tech Software Product
· New Zealand Trade & Enterprise Most Innovative Hi-Tech Agritech Product
· Quick Circuit Most Innovative Mobile Technology Product
· Kiwibank Communications Most Innovative Hi-Tech Service
· IBM Most Innovative Company
· ATEED Most Innovative Creative Technology Product
· Endace Most Innovative Hi-Tech Hardware Product
· Xero Hi-Tech Young Achiever
· Qual IT Best Technology Solution for the Public Sector
The Hi-Tech Awards will also recognise a Flying Kiwi who will be inducted into the Tait Communications Hi-Tech Hall of Fame.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
Follow Divina Paredes on Twitter: @divinap