Xero has unveiled integration plans with Microsoft Outlook REST API, allowing small businesses to get a single, 360 degree view of all interactions with their contacts and customers.
According to the New Zealand cloud accounting company, this integration will help businesses keep track of customers, spot opportunities and stay on top of issues.
“More than 75 percent of small business communications is via email,” says Craig Walker, Chief Technology Officer, Xero.
“This integration will enable small businesses to be more agile, to keep track of what their customers have asked for, what they’ve purchased recently and whether they owe money.”
With this integration, Walker says SMB customers are able to have real-time access to Outlook emails without leaving the Xero environment.
“Xero’s longstanding relationship with Microsoft gives our small businesses better tools to make smart up-to-the minute business decisions,” he adds.
“This latest integration gives our 600,000+ users real-time information, so they can keep track of their business relationships and help make sure nothing slips through the cracks.”
Earlier this year, Xero also announced an integration with Microsoft Power BI, allowing SMBs to better connect with, and gain insight from, business data through deeper visualisation tools and reports.
“This integration gives small businesses a streamlined view of customer interactions without having them switch between Outlook and Xero - in other words, it empowers small businesses to work smarter and more seamlessly,” adds Rob Howard, Director Office 365 Ecosystem, Microsoft.
- Why Amazon still embraces failure - despite $US100 billion in sales
- Cloud environments drive IT infrastructure spending growth
- Xero signals new direction with NZ small business health check initiative
- Tapping into the power of global Internet of Things - Top 3 questions to ask your team
- Xero forges global partnership with time tracker TSheets
- Serko and Xero launch travel app for small businesses