Dimension Data New Zealand has been selected for the all-of-government panel to deliver Telecommunications-as-a-Service (TaaS), tasked with providing networking, security and telecommunications services.
As reported by Computerworld New Zealand, the TaaS supplier panel provides a range of cross-government telecommunications and managed security services sourced from a competitive local market.
“Dimension Data pioneered providing consumption-based telecommunications services to government with one.govt which is used by over 50 agencies,” says Jo Healey, CEO, Dimension Data New Zealand.
“We are now excited to be able to take this further and innovate more with our TaaS solution.
“To be successful in today’s modern world, we need to be connected. Dimension Data TaaS incorporates connectivity, security, and the communication and contact centre tools required by agencies to collaborate more and provide better services to all New Zealanders.
“With our solution, employees will have direct access to the resources and information they need to work from anywhere, in any agency and at any time. Comprehensive privacy settings ensure the security of information is maintained at every step.”
Healey says Dimension Data TaaS is offered as a service, transferring the ownership to an external, specialist supplier, allowing agencies to buy capability on demand.
In addition, Healey says Dimension Data can also manage and oversee all TaaS services through aggregation.
“Technology is the key to unlocking the potential for better connectivity and communications,” Healey adds.
“This will ensure a positive outcome for all New Zealanders, and Dimension Data is excited to be part of that solution.”
- Govt unveils Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology merger plans
- Boost for Kapiti Coast as Govt selects local security web firm
- Trans-Tasman elite unveiled as NetApp honours local partners
- Exposed and under threat - Why haphazard processes are harming local businesses
- $20 million saved as Govt unveils 12 telco providers
- Next-gen ICT investment pays off as Datacom joins Govt TaaS panel
- The perfect storm as Cyclone partners with Lenovo to boost All of Government supplier range
- Online GST - An old tax on new services?