Deloitte Consulting LLP has chosen Dimension Data as the Cloud service provider to deliver Enterprise Application and Analytic workloads for business transformation, while also utilising the Dimension Data Managed Cloud Platform (MCP), as the infrastructure-as-a-service.
As a result, Deloitte says it will now be able to offer clients solutions such as Managed Analytics and SAP applications to multi-national clients across five continents, while Dimension Data provides and manages the infrastructure-as-a-service layer as a shared resource or private cloud.
“We are seeing a rapid shift in the market, from general low cost Cloud computing, to subscribers looking for tailored enterprise cloud solutions,” says Paul Roma, principal, Deloitte Consulting, LLP.
“The combination of Deloitte’s Enterprise Products, Managed Analytics, business transformation expertise, and Dimension Data’s hybrid Cloud platform, and their technology alignment with EMC will enable clients to rapidly move forward quickly and with confidence.
“Our immediate roll-out at Dimension Data will be with our entire suite of Enterprise Products and Managed Analytics businesses.”
Roma says Deloitte will have the flexibility to align the right cloud to the right application and workloads by choosing from Dimension Data’s public, private or hybrid cloud models.
“The combination of the Dimension Data MCP and Deloitte business transformation solutions enables the client to align IT to business outcomes,” adds Shelley Perry, senior vice-president, research and development, Dimension Data’s ITaaS Business Unit.
“We’re investing in new, advanced technology from companies like the EMC Federation and Cisco to enable a hybrid cloud strategy.
“By surrounding enterprise applications, moving to the cloud, with all the services and capabilities they require, we’re simplifying IT transformation."
- Dimension Data asks… What’s the worst day to get hacked?
- Fronde takes NZ not-for-profit to the cloud through AWS
- Lure of Azure strong as Microsoft takes Kiwi start-up to the cloud
- EMC: Big data comes of age for Kiwi businesses
- AWS, Microsoft and Google dominate as “brutal” cloud landscape shifts
- 5 for 15: Matt Miller, F5 Networks Director A/NZ
- Is your business willing to sweat it out with ageing devices?
- Across the board, Cisco unveils new-look executive leadership team
- Former Telstra director to lead Dimension Data's South Australian business
- Calling all Kiwi businesses in the fast lane… 2015 Deloitte Fast 50 entries open
- Wellington Council selects Dimension Data as preferred ICT supplier
- Is pressure increasing on IT organisations to innovate?
- Millennial message clear as outdated businesses lag behind
- South Island firms overcome rocky start to 2016 to end first quarter on “new record high”