Spark is inviting Dunedin locals to gear up for the launch of Gigatown by offering its fastest Ultra Fibre plans at a discounted price, ahead of launching its official Gigatown plans later this year.
Available now, residents of Dunedin in the Gigatown UFB footprint can sign up to Spark’s Ultra Fibre 100 plans for $79 a month for 80GB ($99 with a landline), or $99 a month for Unlimited data ($119 with a landline) - the Ultra Fibre 100 plans offer speeds of around 100mbps upload and 50mbps download.
“We want our customers to have a mind blowing experience on the Spark Ultra Fibre Network and so we are right behind Gigatown," says Chris Quin, CEO, Spark Home and Business.
"However, our Gigatown plans are taking a little longer to deliver than expected, and won’t be available until around the middle of the year.
“In recognition that we don’t have these plans ready for customers as early as we’d like to, we are offering Dunedin locals our fastest Ultra Fibre plans at a heavily discounted price.”
The Ultra Fibre 100 offer comes a month after Spark announced it would shout Spark Broadband customers a 12-month subscription to Internet TV service Lightbox.
“Lightbox gives our customers access to more than 6,000 ad-free hours of insanely good TV," Quin adds.
"For our customers in Dunedin, this means fibre broadband speeds are suddenly a whole lot more attractive, as they’ll allow you to bingewatch your favourite TV shows on the smoothest, fastest connection available."
Spark is also planning to launch its GigaWiFi service for Dunedin locals later in the year, with moves to "liven up" the ten busiest Dunedin WiFi hotspots with gigabit speeds for Spark Mobile customers to connect to while they are out and about.
- Kiwi internet habits revealed… Have you looked in the online mirror recently?
- Spark joins forces with Kiwi start-up to help SMEs go mobile
- Chorus reports "solid operating" performance underpinned by cost focus and broadband growth
- Orcon: False perceptions prevent Kiwis going ultra-fast
- Spark NZ concludes $23 million Telecom Cook Islands sale
- Spark NZ to ComCom… Rethink Chorus wholesale charges
- Spark NZ chases growth as Chief Turnaround Officer departs