New Zealand software company Vista Group International (Vista) has signed a conditional agreement to acquire US cinema software company Ticketsoft, including access to all customers, intellectual property and employees.
Despite the terms of the agreement being at present confidential, the deal is subject to commercially sensitive conditions that the vendor is confident it can meet.
The planned acquisition will continue Vista’s international growth agenda, expanding the company’s client base within the North American market and accelerating the move to offer additional, complementary services.
Specifically, it will enable Vista’s core business, Vista Entertainment Solutions, to grow its US client base through the provision of a broader software offering to Ticketsoft customers.
Founded in 2001 and located in Dallas, Texas, Ticketsoft software solutions are installed in more than 200 North American cinemas (representing more than 2,000 cinema screens).
Cinemas of all sizes rely on Ticketsoft’s software for their point of sale (ticketing and concessions), self-service kiosk, internet and mobile ticketing, gift and customer loyalty cards, head office systems and real time management and analysis.
Providing a broader portfolio of similar products, Vista is the world’s leading supplier of software to cinema exhibitors, including more than 950 cinemas across the USA.
- Auckland-based tech firm completes "record-breaking" roll-out for Chinese cinema chain
- Land of the Kiwi… NZ software provider dominates 20% of US market
- NZ Hi-Tech Awards… 2 weeks until entries close
- Kiwi software firm seals Box Office French distie deal
- Vista’s turning Japanese with new distribution deal
- 2016 Hi-Tech Awards - Hasta la Vista, Kiwi!