Vodafone has launched a new roaming service by which Kiwis travelling to 17 destination countries will be able to text, call and use data on their local plan rates for a fixed daily rate of $5.
The destinations covered by the Daily Roaming service are Australia, United Kingdom, USA, France, Germany, Netherlands, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Hungary, Malta, Ghana, Romania, Czech Republic and India.
According to Vodafone, the service is included in all Vodafone Consumer On Account plans currently on sale, as well as Vodafone Red Business and Business Basics plans. The charge is applied only on the days that customers use the phone to make or receive a call, send a text or use mobile data while travelling.
“Vodafone is one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world – and we’re passing on this international advantage to our customers by offering them what we believe is the best roaming offer available in New Zealand,” said Matt Williams, consumer director at Vodafone NZ.
Vodafone also announced a 4G roaming service for Kiwi customers that will allow them to tap into the 4G network in select countries while travelling. The service is initially available in Australia, UK and Netherlands, with Spain and Greece to follow within a week.
- Telecom finishes first stage of re-engineering programme despite delays
- Telecom enables carrier aggregation in six Auckland sites
- ComCom delays decision on prices for UBA and UCLL
- ComCom clears Telecom to acquire final block of spectrum
- Vodaone to set up $50m HQ and startup incubator in ChCh
- Telecom intends to deregister from SEC in US