Borland has signed a landmark contract with EDS for its application lifecycle management solutions to become the global standard for EDS’ software development and delivery infrastructure.
The multi-year, multimillion-dollar deal is a major blow for IBM/Rational, whose technology Borland will replace. EDS is understood to have tens of thousands of Rational seats worldwide.
One of the first rollouts of the Borland technology will be in Adelaide, Australia, at what currently is EDS’ world centre of excellence for Rational.
Borland will supply to EDS:
- Requirements management (CaliberRM)
- Configuration management (StarTeam)
- Defect and change tracking (StarTeam)
- Object and class modeling (Together ControlCenter)
- Memory and profile testing (OptimizeIT).
Neither EDS nor Borland will comment, although the deal has been announced internally at both companies.
It will be a long process moving Borland into place at EDS because it is obviously not practical to pull the plug on the Rational tools overnight.