A Wellington company has once again scooped the top gong at the Microsoft Partner Awards, held in Auckland last night.
Intergen was named the winner of the overall Partner of the Year award, which was won by Provoke Solutions at the inaugural Microsoft New Zealand Partner Awards last year.
Fifteen other awards were presented at the glamorous black tie event hosted by 'Outrageous Fortune' star Robyn Malcolm and attended by over 330 people.
In addition to Intergen, another big winner on the night was Axon, which took home two awards. It received one of four new awards introduced this year – the Application Platform Solution of the Year award, as well as the Partnering Award of the Year, which it shares with Enlighten Designs.
Complete Solutions was also called to the podium twice – once to receive Microsoft Dynamics CRM Solution of the Year award, while the company’s Gareth Tucker won another new award, the Microsoft Rising Star of the Year prize.
ActionThis and The Simpl Group won the two other new awards – Software + Services Solution of the Year and Citizenship Solution of the Year, respectively.
Meanwhile, Christchurch-based Microsoft Gold partner Datasouth won only one award, Core Infrastructure Solution of the Year, despite being a finalist in all five of the categories it entered.
Microsoft says it received a record number of 80 entries in 15 categories from 35 partners for the awards.
The awards are an important part of Microsoft’s Partner Programme and provide the opportunity to celebrate the success and the excellence of partners, says partner group manager Nick Fletcher.
He adds the standard of this year’s entries was exceptionally high. “It is exciting to see the partners continuing to raise the bar. The judges were impressed with both the superior quality and innovation of the winning submissions, from partners delivering such clear value to New Zealand customers.”
More coverage and photographs of the event will appear in the August 22 issue of Reseller News.
The category winners are:
- Core Infrastructure Solution of the Year: Datasouth Business Solutions
- Businesses Productivity Solution of the Year: Datacom Systems (Wellington)
- Application Platform Solution of the Year: Axon
- Software Solution of the Year: Fronde Systems Group
- Software + Services Solution of the Year: ActionThis
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Solution of the Year: Complete Solutions
- Microsoft Dynamics ERP Solution of the Year: Adaptable Solutions
- Learning Solutions Partner of the Year: Auldhouse
- Citizenship Solution of the Year: The Simpl Group
- Microsoft Technology Advocate of the Year: Provoke Solutions
- Partnering Award of the Year: Axon & Enlighten Designs
- Licensing Partner of the Year: Gen-i
- Distributor of the Year: Ingram Micro
- Microsoft Rising Star of the Year: Gareth Tucker of Complete Solutions
- Small Business Specialist of the Year: Kinetics Group
- Microsoft Partner of the Year: Intergen