The Government will announce its ICT plans later this week, after Cabinet signed off on Monday on “Directions and Priority for Government ICT”.
There are five key areas of focus:
- Cross-government leadership, based on the Ministerial steering group and a group of chief executives.
- More open and transparent data sharing.
- Integrated service delivery.
- Common capability and rationalised infrastructure, with the Department of Internal Affairs providing a central purchasing role for common capability.
- Efficiency and effectiveness. This will relate to the Treasury benchmarking study, known as Better Administrative Support Services, of shared services across 12 agencies.
Computerworld understands State Services’ strategic ICT role will be merged into DIA, which will lead ICT procurement.
Internal Affairs Minister Nathan Guy will make the announcement later this week.