It seems that NASA CIO Linda Cureton has a pretty good sense of humor. On her NASA blog over the weekend she sent a letter to Santa about what she'd like to get for Christmas. While she'd obviously like to get better networking gear, the shower cap wish was little strange.
From her blog]:
Anyway, Santa, I'd like it very, very much if you would grant my wishes this year because I've been a very, very, very good girl this year. And I made my list short, so that you and the elves won't have to work so hard. Here it is:
• I'd like a smartphone that can last all day without needing another charge.
• I'd like to actually be selected from a waitlist for an upgrade on my next flight to one of the NASA Centers in California.
• And Santa Baby, I'd sit on your lap for a shower cap in hotels because this little girl does not have wash-and-wear hair.
• I'd like a local area network for NASA - just one though. OK, maybe three. Oh, Santa Dear, can it be secure and flexible - just like a metal Slinky, but better? And real big so it can stretch across the world.
• Oh, Santa, I need a ginormous amount of inexpensive, reliable storage so that the smart little girls and boys at NASA can store their science data.
• Can I PLEASE have an Enterprise Calendaring solution that actually works? Not for me, but for the good little girls and boys at NASA. Please?
Follow Michael Cooney on Twitter: nwwlayer8
Read more about data center in Network World's Data Center section.