1. Manage intrusion detection devices
2. Maintain antivirus capabilities
3. Secure remote access to the corporate network
4. Enforce the security policy
5. Detect and respond to security incidents
6. Secure the desktop
7. Secure wireless networks and devices
8. Integrate security technology with the IT infrastructure
9. Develop the security architecture
10. Secure e-business efforts
Source: Gartner Inc.
Big, scary numbers department
Workplace theft costs US$200 million a day or about $4 per employee.