Infographics: Kiwis usage of 4G services: Vodafone report

The report finds that Kiwis with 4G stream four times more content and are twice more likely to buy online than 3G users

Nine months after the launch of 4G services, Vodafone NZ has brought out a report highlighting some of the interesting usage patterns that the company has seen in the country.

The report finds that Kiwis with 4G stream four times more content and are twice more likely to buy online than 3G users.

Around 66 per cent of 4G users have been identified to be male, while the rest of the 34 per cent are female. Most of them are likely to be aged between 25 and 34, who comprise the majority (at 39 per cent) of 4G users in the country.

Interestingly, the report found that the biggest 4G users don’t necessarily live in Auckland or Wellington. New Plymouth saw a massive 400 per cent increase in data usage following the 4G launch, followed by Queenstown at 40 per cent and Taupo at 36 per cent.

According to the report, 62 per cent of Kiwis said they used video streaming sites more after upgrading from 3G. In all, they stream four times more content on 4G than 3G.

The report also found that nearly a quarter of 4G users use social media more than 20 times a week. That’s more than twice the number of heavy social media users on 3G.

They are also twice more likely to shop online than 3G users.

The full report can be accessed here.

Join the Computerworld New Zealand newsletter!

Error: Please check your email address.

Tags 4g3ginfographicVodafoneusage pattern

More about Vodafone

Show Comments
[]