Lucent and Alcatel in merger talks
- 24 March, 2006 04:47
Telecommunication equipment makers Lucent Technologies Inc. and Alcatel SA are discussing a possible merger, according to a statement released by the two companies.
"We can confirm that Lucent and Alcatel are engaged in discussions about a potential merger of equals that is intended to be priced at market," the statement said, adding that there is no guarantee the companies will reach an agreement.
"We will have no further comment until an agreement is reached or the discussions are terminated," it said.
- Chandler Macleod recruits new user virtualization platform
- Protection Storage Architecture: The What, Why, and How
- Convergence with Vblock Systems: A Value Measurement - IDC In-depth assessment
- Finding Common Ground for Collaboration in Virtual Organisations
- Leading insurance provider’s desktop virtualization deployment
Microsoft misjudges customer loyalty with kill-XP plea
Education ministry gets new CIO
Facebook coughs up $19bn to buy WhatsApp, draw younger users
Telecom to change name to Spark
Nov'IT says flashing a new ROM onto your Android phone can make it more secure